Transformative Leadership for Gender Equality in and through education
High-Level Panel: African Leadership for Gender-Transformative Education
The Ministry of Basic and Senior Secondary Education, Sierra Leone, UNGEI, and UNICEF welcome you to a high-level panel on African Leadership for Gender-Transformative Education, part of the High-Level meeting, Transformative Leadership for Gender Equality in and through Education on May 20, 9 am-11.30 am GMT.
The panel will be the closing event of a 3-day Ministers Meeting organized within the framework of the Gender at the Centre Initiative (GCI), on 18-20 May in Freetown, Sierra Leone. During the panel, we will address what it takes for African education systems to become an effective force of change toward gender-equal societies. Ministers of Education will share commitments to promote gender equality in and through education and will outline the next steps toward the Transforming Education Summit in September 2022.
- Dr. David M. Sengeh, Minister of Basic and Senior Secondary Education (Sierra Leone)
- Awut Deng Acuil, Minister of General Education and Instruction (South Sudan)
- UNAIDS Representative (virtual)
- Anne-Birgitte Albrectsen, CEO Lego Foundation (virtual)
- Video message by Vicky Ford, Minister for Africa (FCDO)