The Transform Education Newsletter
Hey Education Transformers!
Checking in to say hello and to send you some energy, learning material & self care vibes.
Content to consume:
This IDG 2021, Education Transformer, Alinafe and Head of UNGEI Secretariat, Antara, came together to write this OpEd in Ms. Magazine!
Watch back on the launch of UNEGI's new campaign, Step outside the gender box: learning free from stereotypes. Find out more about this campaign calling for the removal of gender stereotypes from textbooks and classrooms to advance gender equality in education.
On November 1st two weeks of climate negotiations will kick off, and TE is involved! Activists are making their voices heard to ensure that:
🌸 Gender transformative education is recognised as crucial in advancing climate justice.
🌸 Young people are respected as partners in climate processes.
Make sure to check out TE members engagement in person or via the livestream!
- November 5th, 11.30-12.30 BST Blue Zone (UK Pavilion): ClimatEducation Crisis - how the climate crisis is denying children their right to education and what we can do about it.
- November 5th, 1.00-2.30 BST Green Zone: Climate justice, education and gender equality - targeting the connections. Sign up here.
- November 9th, 16.45-18.00 BST Blue Zone: Importance of quality education in advancing climate justice and youth leadership
- 17 Powerful Quotes About Colonialism A part of Teen Vogue's (De)Colonized series.
- Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls: The podcast Go on an audio adventure about extraordinary women.
- Episode 18: Dismantling Patriarchy – Close Encounters and Imperfect Strategies Reflections on encounters with the patriarchy.
- 3 ways to set healthy boundaries We all need to say no and take rest sometimes.
- Feminist Leadership: Eight Weeks of Exploration Resources Watch back on this popular webinar series.
- Feminae Carta Global Summit Discover a historic Digital Advocacy Tool and take part in an advocacy bootcamp on November 6th, 11:00AM - 1:00PM CEST.
Funding/ Job Opportunities:
Vacancies at new independent YIELD collective action hub - Aimed at transforming the sexual and reproductive health and rights of young people.
Gender Fund - Supporting initiatives working to make systems just and inclusive and advance women’s leadership.
Doria Feminist Fund - Funding opportunity for new and emerging feminist groups and individuals in the MENA region and Libya.
Vacancy at Plan International as Policy & Advocacy Lead - Youth Political Participation - Lead on gender transformative policy and advocacy work within the Girls and Youth Power & Action Hub