WHAT IS UNGEI
About Us: Global Advisory Committee and Partners
The Commonwealth Secretariat, established in 1965, is the main intergovernmental agency of the Commonwealth, facilitating consultation and co-operation among member governments and countries.
We help member countries to provide and manage equitable access to quality education through opportunities in line with the two education related Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and Education for All (EFA).
The Secretariat is mandated by Commonwealth Ministers of Education and Commonwealth Heads of Government to continue focusing on the EFA six action areas which are to accelerate:
• The achievement of Universal Primary Education;
• Elimination of gender disparities in education;
• Improvement of quality in education;
• Use of Distance Learning to overcome barriers;
• Support to education in difficult circumstances; and
• The mitigation of the impact of HIV & AIDS on education.
To access the Commonwealth Secretariat's full list of resources, please click here.
The Commonwealth Secretariat on UNGEI
Adviser, Education, Social Transformation Programmes Division STPD
London SW1Y 5HX