The Human Rights Education Action Plan
Language: English, French and Spanish
ISBN: ED-2006/WS/53 - cld 25238
The five keys to success for Human Rights Education as outlined in the Plan of Action for the first phase of the World Programme are as follows:
- Educational policies should promote a rights-based approach
- Policy implementation should be consistent and regularly monitored
- The learning environment should enable the practise of human rights in the whole school community
- Teaching and learning should be holistic and reflect human rights values
- Education and training of school personnel should allow them to transmit human rights values.
The plan has been published in several language versions in advance of Human Rights Day, 10 December 2007.