Using concrete examples, the Framework sets out a three-part process for engagement: helping businesses to make the case internally about why they should engage in education; selecting appropriate activities; and acting in a responsible manner. It also identifies five drivers that support education while benefitting business:
- Fostering innovation in education
- Addressing operational risks
- Improving brand leadership and enhancing corporate reputation
- Boosting employee morale and retention
- Developing capacity of future employees
The Framework supports the Secretary-Generalís Global Education First Initiative, which aims to put every child in school, improve the quality of learning, and foster global citizenship.