NEWS AND EVENTS
News and Events: Recent stories
UNESCO announces upcoming international symposium and policy forum, 28-30 August 2017 Bangkok, Thailand
- Present latest findings from research and practice
- Facilitate policy dialogue, experience-sharing and networking
- Make the case for strengthening girls’ education in STEM subjects
The programme will be based on the overarching theme of girls’ education in STEM, with four sub-themes/tracks:
- Building the foundations: Gender-responsive quality STEM education
- Changing the equation: Addressing stereotypes and bias hindering girls’ participation
- Gravitating into the field: Reaching out, engaging and empowering girls and women
- Wiring the network: Partnerships, cross-sector learning and cooperation
This event will bring together over 200 delegates including: the Ministry of education and other officials; education practitioners and educators; researchers and experts; representatives of intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations; development partners; civil society representatives; private sector stakeholders and others.
INTERESTED IN JOINING?
Participation will be by invitation only. Interested participants can register, submit a proposal for a presentation or a workshop, or reserve an exhibition booth online before 19 June 2017. To ensure a balanced audience, all requests will be evaluated based on profile, gender and geographical representation.
Expression of interest to participate
Submit a proposal to make a presentation
Submit a proposal to run a workshop
Submit a request to reserve an exhibition booth
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Please see the Concept Note or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org