NEWS AND EVENTS
News and Events:
Earning 20/20 for education – FAWE to mark 20th anniversary with major advocacy campaign
On its 20th birthday in September 2012, FAWE will thus launch a pan-African campaign that aims to:
- Celebrate achievements in education over the past 20 years and highlight the challenges still facing education in the next 20 years.
- Mobilise action on gender equality in education and quality learning for all, including among government agencies, organisations, institutions, grassroots communities and individuals.
- Engage parents and communities in supporting equal treatment and opportunities in education for girls and women.
- Place students, and particularly women and girls, as leaders in the reflection and advocacy actions in favour of enhancing their educational experience.
- The campaign will create opportunities for all stakeholders – African girls and women, boys and men, education practitioners and decision-makers, parents and communities, strategic and funding partners, the private sector and concerned individuals – to contribute to reflection and action in favour of gender equality in education and quality education for all.
It will feature 20 days of specific education-oriented activities in selected African countries, including televised national debates among students; television and radio talk shows among policy-makers, education practitioners and other stakeholders; teacher spotlight features; career weeks; photo exhhibitions of beneficiaries of FAWE programmes; live performances; and a vibrant online platform comprising a special campaign web site and social media networks.
The concept of the campaign will be unveiled at a gala event organised by the Association for the Development of Education in Africa (ADEA) during its Triennial meeting in February 2012.
For more information please contact Irmin Durand, FAWE Research, Communication and Advocacy Officer, on email@example.com.
Please visit www.fawe.org for regular news updates.