Information by Country
Support the #EducationCountdown Campaign
The #EducationCountdown Campaign, hosted by A World at School, brings together NGOs, civil society, teachers, youth, faith-based organizations, and the business community in a global movement to marshal the political will and financing needed to achieve Millennium Development Goal 2 of universal education. The campaign addresses key barriers to learning for all children and delivers results against collective milestones and targets.
TAKE ACTION: FIRST 100 DAYS
AUGUST 18, 2014 – DAY 500: CAMPAIGN LAUNCH- SIGN UP for the Thunderclap to kick-off the campaign and say that we can count on you to help drive progress to get every child into school and learning by the end of 2015.
- CHANGE your profile or header photo on Twitter and Facebook by adding a Twibbon.
- MAKE a Vine or Instagram video telling us why we can count on you to join the #EducationCountdown (be sure to include the hashtag!). Example from @Cee_Bah.
- WATCH the Google Hangout with A World at School hosted by the UN Foundation’s Girl Up from 10-11AM EST to recognise the importance of girls’ education in achieving MDG2. View here.
- WATCH the UN Secretary-General speak with Malala Yousafzai from 11-12PM EST featuring A World at School’s Chernor Bah. View here.
- STAY TUNED for the announcement of the new celebrity joining the UN Special Envoy’s Emergency Coalition for Global Education Action!
AUGUST 19, 2014 – WORLD HUMANITARIAN DAY- SEND A LETTER to world leaders requesting support for the draft Lucens Guidelines to protect schools and education from attack. Action will be live here on August 18
- TWEET - On #WHD2014 join @aworldatschool and call for more #HumanitarianHeroes to ensure #SafeSchools http://bit.ly/Xb4Ldt #EducationCountdown Click to Tweet
- NOMINATE a young leader for the Youth Courage Awards to be announced at the Special UN Youth Assembly here: http://bit.ly/1nwE8EA
- DONATE to the Safe Schools Fund in Nigeria safeschoolsinitiative.org
For the latest information on this campaign, please click here.