Information by Country
EAP UNGEI: Regional Partners
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education
The Gender Equality in Education Programme, organized under the Asia-Pacific Programme of Education For All (APPEAL), in particular focuses on building national capacity to achieve EFA goal 5, i.e. eliminating gender disparities and achieving gender equality in education.
The programme is built upon five key pillars as the main strategies for action:
- Advocacy and policy dialogue: Raising awareness and advocating for the promotion of gender equality in education throughout the region.
- Training: Building capacity at national and provincial levels in understanding gender concepts and processes, and in mainstreaming gender issues into education plans and policies.
- Research: Conducting gender analysis and strengthening capacities in carrying out qualitative research.
- Networking and partnership: Facilitating and strengthening the Gender in Education Network in Asia (GENIA) and country-level networks as well as participating in global movements, such as the United Nations Girls’ Education Initiative (UNGEI).
- Institutional analysis and capacity-building: Looking at ways to create a gender-responsive culture and structures within ministries of education to give Gender Focal Points and staff the time, space and authority to carry out their work in promoting gender equality in education.
For more information, please visit: http://www.unescobkk.org/gender