Information by Country
EAP UNGEI: Activities
In 2013, the EAP UNGEI activities focus on four areas:
- Advocacy for gender in education: enhancing and strengthening regional advocacy strategies;
- Knowledge generation: undertaking innovative research on issues of gender in education;
- Knowledge management: strengthening the EAP UNGEI communication functions to better serve in sharing resources and information and in facilitating communication between and amongst national, regional and global networks and partners; and
- Capacity building: strengthening national capacities and resources for ensuring gender equality in education.
The EAP UNGEI is actively engaged in advocacy efforts and participates in local, national and regional fora. Other key regional activities include:
- Annual gender drawing contest and advocacy product;
- Production of advocacy and policy briefs on gender issues in education;
- Contributions to the studies and reviews, particularly to ensure that gender concerns are mainstreamed;
- Contributions to various regional and global events such as International Women’s Day, Global Action Week, World Day Against Child Labour, International Day of the Girl Child; and
- Production of thematic quarterly e-Newsletters.
We also seek to build national and regional capacities through workshops, resource materials and providing technical support.
We strive to bring together regional and national partners, and look forward to strengthening methods of knowledge dissemination, advocacy and outreach effectiveness.