Information by Country
EAP UNGEI: Activities
In 2014, the EAP UNGEI activities focus on four areas:
- Enhanced focus on marginalized and excluded groups
- Reduction/elimination of school-related gender-based violence
- Improved learning outcomes for girls
- Increased number of girls transitioning to secondary education / accessing post-primary opportunities
The EAP UNGEI is actively engaged in advocacy efforts and participates in local, national and regional fora. Other key regional activities include:
- 2014 EAP UNGEI Regional Forum on Gender Equality in Education in Bangkok, Thailand;
- A side-event on the theme of "from marginalization to empowerment: the role of education" at the Asian and Pacific Conference on Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment: Beijing +20 Review held in Bangkok, Thailand;
- Contributions to the advocacy materials, studies and reviews, particularly to ensure that gender concerns are mainstreamed;
- Contributions to various regional and global events such as International Women’s Day, Global Action Week, World Day Against Child Labour, International Day of the Girl Child; and
- Production of thematic quarterly e-Newsletters.
We also seek to build national and regional capacities through workshops, resource materials and providing technical support.
We strive to bring together regional and national partners, and look forward to strengthening methods of knowledge dissemination, advocacy and outreach effectiveness.