NEWS AND EVENTS
News and Events: Recent stories
COSP Side Event: Promoting Inclusion and Equity for All in Education
This event, proudly hosted by The World Bank, United Nations Girls’ Education Initiative (UNGEI), and Leonard Cheshire Disability, in collaboration with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), will bring together panelists from across the disability and education sectors to discuss to pathways and possibilities to inclusive education for girls with disabilities. The event will also serve as the official launch of the UNGEI and LCD joint publication, 'Still Left Behind: Pathways to inclusive education for girls with disabilities'.
During this event panelists will address themes such as:
- Key findings in effective and promising approaches and programmes addressing gaps in inclusion, current evidence gaps and recommendations for improvement.
- Financing inclusive education and economic benefits, as illustrated through case examples of inclusive policies and programs aimed at promoting inclusion and equity in education systems.
- How data can support inclusive education, gaps and opportunities.
Speakers featured include:
- Charlotte McClain-Nhlapo, Global Disability Advisor, World Bank Group (Moderator)
- Nora Fyles, Director, UNGEI Secretariat
- Quentin Wodon, Lead Economist, World Bank Group
- Ola Abu Alghaib, Deputy Director, Leonard Cheshire Disability
- Mark Waltham, Senior Adviser, UNICEF
International Sign Language interpretation and close captioning will be available.
For more information about the event or access inquiries please contact Ola Abu Alghaib firstname.lastname@example.org